Tuesday, April 28, 2009

My new goat...






So, it was suggested to me by a great goat lady that the best way to have milk next year is to not send my girls away to be bred, but actually to BUY a young buckling and then sell him again when the girls are bred. I immediately started thinking about marketability-- not just for the buck, but for the kids, when they're born, and so started looking for a smaller buck who would make CUTE babies, but that I could still afford.

After two weeks of searching for something that felt right, I found our new little buck! He's going to be bottlefed by his owners until he's old enough (he's one week old today), and then will come live with us. He's from a beautiful Nigerian Dwarf buck and a pygmy doe and is one of quadruplets-- the only male.


No comments: