Friday, March 13, 2009

Point of Change

The other day my niece, "Baboo",  wrote something about me on her facebook that has changed my life.

I know that sounds dramatic, but you have to understand something. Baboo had no motives, no cause at all, and she called me beautiful.

I have considered myself homely my whole life. I have had many people enforce this opinion of myself-- from church leaders, to a boyfriend I had between times of dating my current husband. I have been told straight out that I was ugly.

And, I will admit, I've been called pretty-- but only by my sisters and my mother and my father, and, I'm sorry, but those are not what you can call 'unbiased' sources.

Why could I take it from Baboo? I don't know... maybe because she's a generation younger than I am? That I've known her my whole life? That she would have no idea about my self-opinion and little reason to care? 

But, for whatever the reason, I feel like I can believe her and, through her, I can take it from someone else. It brought me to tears and I, for the first time in my life, actually FEEL beautiful.

Thanks, Baboo!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're welcome!!!

<3 Baboo