Tuesday, May 19, 2009

In the garden...

I just planted, with the boys, some zucchini, replacement sweet corn for what got destroyed, some butternut squash, pumpkins, watermelon, and cantaloupe...

Hopefully the squirrel and/or the goats will not destroy everything as soon as it gets up. I still have spots waiting for cucumbers (pickles!) and lettuce.

Honestly, I'd love to double the garden in size in hopes I could can homemade homegrown spaghetti sauce, pickles, and jam. I would also love to put in onions and potatoes of various kinds. I put up hanging bags of strawberries when we planted the carrots last week, so hopefully we'll get some berries out of it.

I am looking for my camera. It's maddening not to be able to get pics of all of this. The animals have changed so much in the last few weeks!

No comments: