Monday, December 8, 2008

We Ate Blue

Need I say more? LOL!

Actually, it was an interesting experience-- and one that I highly recommend.

Why?

Everyone should know where their food comes from.

And, it's strangely not gross. Once my MIL had chopped his head off it was no longer 'him' but something else. We poured scalding water over the body and it was plucked in about 2 minutes flat. (My MIL is SKILLED!!!!)

She then taught me how to clean a chicken and what parts are kept and what gets tossed. I rubbed it down with salt and pepper and baked it.

And it was GOOD! Best chicken I've ever had.

It was fascinating, a learning experience, and I'm proud of myself for being even LESS squeamish than either I or my MIL expected!

And now there isn't the annoying racket every thirty seconds all day and night. It's been surprisingly... peaceful there since we ate him.

LOL.

1 comment:

Real said...

I think I'd rather try the marshmallows. But good for you! If it comes down to that for me, I envision myself as a vegetarian. Nothing would get me on a "eat meat sparingly" kick faster than having to kill it and clean it myself.