We can pretty definitively say that there is an inherited inflammation issue. Now we just have to figure out why and how to combat it.
As the only case subject I know the story of in depth-- I'll be trackinig myself.
This is day 2 gluten free.
Both hands and right elbow are flaring up (pretty normal for me)
*I've always, as long as I can remember, caught every illness going around. Not only would I catch it, but it would knock me flat and for longer than my peers. I missed a lot of school.
*I have always had horeendous and disabling periods-- esp. the first day. Even now, with children, my periods have always been miserable and very painful.
*I get diahhrea frequently
*I have food sensitivities-- citrus, milk, wheat, anything tropical, anything containing sugar, anything red... like tomatoes and strawberries... just about anything containing protein such as eggs (store bought) and legumes. Home-raised eggs do not affect me as badly.
* I am allergic to alfalfa-- even if I get near it. My reaction is to have a hard time breathing and to have mt whole body 'flare up'
* Around 17 my hands started hurting and stiffening. I was feeding alfalfa every day. Two years after my last contact with alfalfa I was pregnant with my third child, I was incapacitated by body-wide joint and muscle pain. I was tested for RA, lupus, etc etc etc, All negative. My body wasn't attacking the baby so I got shrugged off.
* During my second pregnancy I couldn't keep food down for the whole pregnancy,
* I get migraiones, especially when pregnant.
* My joints still flare up without warning. I have not found a pattern in the flare ups.
* I am allergic to cigarette smoke. It makes me ill and flares my joints up.
* Currently, after baby 3, my diet and exercise are having not effect on me. I am heavier than I have ever been and, though I do usually 100 crunches a day, my abs are still separated. I'm not THAT stressed about all this because I'm still very post-partum. Oh, and I'm losing my hair. My ponytail has never been this thin.
* I should mention that I have an anxiety disorder. I pinpoint it becoming a serious challenge at around 15, though I was always displaying signs of it, A low dose of sertraline keeps me even-keeled.
* When I am in contact with something I'm allergic to I get 'itchy acne' along my chin and throat and jaw line.
* On consuming carbs or something sweet I get seriously thirsty.
* I drink about 12 bottles of water a day. I am always thirsty,
* Blood sugar and food sesitivities make me moody, and give me migraines,
Now I have the puzzle pieces and need to fit things together.